Shopping for classic car insurance in Pennsylvania? Here are 8 quick tips for buying classic car insurance that are sure to come in handy as you explore your options.
Not all classic cars are the same. For more help, fill out our free classic car insurance quote form and one of our local insurance agents will contact you with more information.
- Get your classic car insured in Pennsylvania for the agreed value, not the stated or actual cash value.
- Make sure the agreed value for your classic car represents the true market value of the car at the time to policy is written.
- When you renew your classic car insurance policy, the agreed value should be assessed to reflect the current market value.
- If the market value of your classic car changes during the policy period, the agreed value can be changed with an endorsement.
- Before shopping for classic car insurance in Pennsylvania, get an appraisal of your classic car and take pictures of the interior and exterior.
- Check if your classic car insurance policy has any warranties or restrictions for driving.
- Obtain a clearly stated agreed value for your classic car so you can backup any damages in the case of a claim.
- If you’re planning on driving your classic car in Pennsylvania more than occasionally, get a no mileage limit policy.
How Classic Car Insurance Differs From Regular Auto Insurance
Classic car insurance isn’t as straightforward as general auto insurance. A lot of factors come into play.
The car usually must be at least 25 years old, its appraised value will determine policy cost, often you will need to define whether you regularly drive it or if it will be solely used for display or car shows, and so on.
But buying classic car insurance doesn’t have to be confusing. All you need is a little information and guidance from one of our independent insurance agents.
We’re Here to Help
With our help, you’re sure to find an affordable insurance policy to cover your classic car. Contact us or fill out our free quote form for help purchasing classic car insurance in Pennsylvania today!